Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Happy 1 Month Finnegan


Wow, this has been the quickest month of my life by far, but definitely the best too. We have been blessed with an amazing baby that we love more than we ever thought possible. I've decided to write letters to him every month with his developments, what makes him happy and sad and how we're doing as a family. And some pictures of the cutest baby ever :)

Dear Finnegan,
   I can't believe you have already been here for one month! It has been the quickest month which makes me both happy and sad. Happy to watch you grow up but sad that you will soon be graduating kindergarden, 6th grade, high school, college and then you'll be getting married and having your own kids. I know I'm getting ahead of myself but I know it will all be going by too quickly.
   You are a pretty big boy but to us you still seem so little. You eat A LOT and your dad and I are reluctantly waiting for the days [ years is more like it ] when you eat us out of house and home. Luckily you sleep amazing as of now, between 5-7 hours at a time and then we put you into bed with us and you sleep for another 3 hours. You barely cry unless you are hungry and you would rather nap in my arms than in your seat. You hate having your diaper changed, which is pretty often but when you're cranky and can't fall asleep we put you in your moby wrap and you pass right out.
   You are starting to smile when mommy and daddy smile at you and when I talk in a high pitched voice. You hate the pacifier and instead you love sucking on dad's pinky. We've taken you on a few trips and you pass right out when you're in the car which is a good thing since we'll be taking lots of trips in the next year.
   I can't wait to see what the next month will bring. Mommy and daddy love you very much and we're so happy to have such an amazing little boy in our lives!
Love,
Mommy

1 comment: