|This picture was taken just over ten years ago on our family vacation to Hawaii - CRAZY!|
Ok, technically my birthday is tomorrow, but I know this post would never happen tomorrow so I'm writing it today! No intro needed, here are 26 things you may or may not know about me!
1. I am terrified of needles - hence the natural birth. I know it doesn't make sense to most, but to me it does.
2. I am a control freak. I hate being a passenger in a car, wish I could fly the plane when we travel and basically do everything that is important myself - or at least supervise!
3. I realize this makes me sound very Type A but I lke to think of myself as a creative, lazy Type A. I love design and creativity, but I also make a million lists, none of which I ever complete or come close to completing.
4. I have ADD.
5. Graphic design work is the only work I can do where my ADD doesn't get in the way, its honestly the only thing I can "get lost" in and let my mind completely relax.
6. On that note, I can't relax. I always have to be going and doing something.
7. I cannot draw to save my life unless there is a computer to help me!
8. I hate the phone. I hate calling people and tend to ignore phone calls since it gives me anxiety.
9. If I could live anywhere in the world it would be Ithaca, NY.
10. My favorite color is green.
11. As a child I wanted to own a candy shop. I kind of still do.
12. I will be my own boss someday and own my own business - of what yet, I'm not sure!
13. Tom and I want 4 kids but now that we have Finn it's hard to imagine and I feel bad that there is no way our next 3 kids will ever get as much attention as Finn gets since he's the only one at the moment.
14. Thanksgiving is my favorite holiday.
15. I was very calm on my wedding day (this was pointed out to me many times). I didn't have a doubt in my mind that marrying Tom was the best decision I would ever make.
16. I have a hard time telling my left from my right. When driving I'll tell Tom to turn right but I'll point left. This started right around the time I started driving - perfect timing.
17. I didn't have my ears pierced until I was 12.
18. I have ten piercings in my ears and one in my belly button. Yes, I know I'm terrified of needles but I have a prescription for numbing cream and used it every time!
19. I can read an entire book and not remember anything I just read. Even if I love the book I may only comprehend the overall feeling of the book, but I can't remember details. It's just one of the joys of ADD - I envy people who remember what they read haha.
20. I love NPR (VPR here in Vermont) because I actually remember more when I listen to a story (not everything but definitely more).
21. I'm really good at math but it bores me because it comes so easily. I hadn't taken math in 4 years and got a 750 (out of 800) on the math section of my GRE. I hope my children all get this ability since I am horrible at explaining math and how I come up with answers.
22. I'm afraid of the dark. I slept with a light on (a legit lamp, not just a nightlight) until I was in 5th grade.
23. I love to smile. I smile at everyone in hopes that if they are having a bad day it will cheer them up.
24. I hate seeing people sad/disappointed/stressed/etc. Even if it is a stranger it really upsets me. I will go out of my way to try and make that person feel even a little bit better.
25. I was born and raised Roman Catholic. And although the Catholic church and all of its rules makes me mad (women cannot be a priest!), all of my morals are based in my religion. I honestly believe everyone is equal and we should help those in need regardless of how they got there. If we could all stop discriminating I really believe we could solve a lot of problems.
26. I sometimes forget how old I am and have to do the math to figure it out. Hopefully I will remember this year since I wrote this post!