Sunday, June 16, 2013

Happy Father's Day!

Happy Father's Day to the greatest man I know!
And since I shared a few things my mother has taught me on Mother's Day, I'm going to share a few things my father has taught me.


I've learned:
...how to listen
...to love
...to be calm
...to like good music [and the names of almost any oldies rock n' roll song/artist]
...how to talk without yelling
...how to take a good photograph
...to love craft beer
...to never stay at a cheap hotel
...how to book a good vacation
...my love of ice cream
...to love listening to NPR
...how a watch is made [ just kidding! it's a running joke in our family that if you ask my dad what time it is, he'll tell you how the watch was made since he explains things in a very technical way no matter what question you ask, but especially when it comes to computers! ]

And of course happy father's day to my amazing husband, I know our children have so much to learn from you and I'm so excited for this baby to come :)

3 comments:

  1. This is a beautiful way to honor/remember our parents! I should write a list too, thanks for the idea! xoxo, R.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome pic of you & your dad! Funny story about how a watch is made, ha!

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a sweet post! and what a great picture!

    ReplyDelete