Thursday, July 25, 2013

40 Weeks


Picture from 40w1d but I am now 40w3d as I write this!

How far along?: 40 weeks and 1 day in this picture
Maternity clothes: Still mostly regular clothes but most of my tank tops are a little too short to wear now!
Best moment this week: Going to the midwife and having her tell me she doesn't think I'll make it through the weekend without having this baby!
Symptoms: Still pretty tired but I officially had my last day of work on Tuesday. I'm afraid that the stress of work is not allowing me to relax enough which is why he isn't out yet! Last week at the midwife I was 2cm and 70% effaced and this week I was 3cm, 80% effaced, cervix is very soft and he's at -1 station so the progression in a week is awesome and its why they think I'm coming any day now. I also had my membranes stripped while I was there this week for an extra jump start which was a little more painful than I expected but she said it's because I have a high cervix to begin with and because he's so ready. So TMI (at least for those who haven't had babies or aren't pregnant since I've learned there's no such thing as TMI with someone who is with child or has given birth) I had bloody show on Saturday which is very good and then again yesterday after the procedure, a few times during the day and then in the middle of the night and this morning which is a good sign that I've had it more than just the once after the procedure. I haven't had any contractions yet but I've had much more pressure than normal!
Movement: He is still a very active boy! 
Food cravings: I wanted nachos last night but figured that would not be a good meal to eat if I were to go into labor so I didn't give in!
Have you started to show yet?: Oh yes! 
Gender prediction: It's a boy!
Mood: So impatient!!! I'm beyond ready for him to come out! My co-worker who was due two weeks after me went into labor yesterday and another old co-worker of mine who was due a week after me had her baby today. Granted this was the second for both of them, but I'm so jealous and want him to come NOW!
Looking forward to: Meeting our little man, sharing his name (I honestly think this is the longest I've ever kept a personal secret from any of my best friends and family) and becoming a family of 3!

I'm really hoping that not being at work and being able to relax will help labor start. I took a bath this morning (we have a miniature tub but it was better than nothing) and then went and got my hair cut since that's always my go to when I want to unwind and feel good about myself. I haven't gained any weight in two weeks and I've been measuring a week small (39cm this week instead of 40cm) for the past two weeks which is also a sign that my body is ready to labor so now its up to the little man to make his entrance, we're all waiting for him!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment