Sunday, January 11, 2015

21 weeks

Photo taken 20w3d
How far along?: 21 weeks
Total weight gain: 17lbs. About 1 more pound than I wanted but the holidays were hard and it still keeps me on track for my max of 35lbs. I'm trying to find a balance between eating super healthy and eating a few treats. My only problem seems to be that even when I have a few treats I gain very easily. I gained very easily with Finn too and honestly didn't just eat what I wanted and I was still conscious about what I ate. I'm just hoping that my workouts and lifting can continue to be strong so I only gain the alb a week.
Maternity clothes: I tried on a pair of LOFT maternity jeans I had gotten from thredup and they actually fit now and don't look like they're maternity which is nice. 
Best moment this week: Seeing as it's now Sunday and not the normal Thursday, my favorite moment was going to Boston this weekend with Tom while my mom came to our house to watch Finn. I didn't realize how much we needed a weekend away until we were away. It was nice to reconnect on our own as much as I missed our little man. 
Symptoms: Starting to get stupid shin splints when I run again. This is about 7 weeks earlier than with Finn which really concerns me since I don't want to stop running already. If I tuck my hips, lean forward more and almost pull my torso up off my hips as I run then they are almost not there. It's not during every run, just every other but it's still a pain - literally!
Miss anything?: Definitely wanted to take a few tastings when we went to Sam Adams Brewery tour and Harpoon Brewery tour while in Boston. Instead I had some low-fat soft ice cream with reese pieces from Sprinkles - the best ever :)
Movement: Yes! I had only been feel movement and then when we were in Boston I started to feel a few kicks and have felt some today while home too. Feeling movement is awesome, but kicks and jabs are the best!
Food cravings: Nothing really. 
Have you started to show yet?: Oh yeah!
Gender prediction: Little man 2!
Mood: Still exhausted but not quite as moody. 
Looking forward to: Friday! And not because it's almost the weekend but because it will mean my Thursday trip to the dentist for fillings will be over. I have always had horrible teeth no matter how much I brush and floss (possibly due to being lactose intolerant as a kid and I have extremely deep crevices in my teeth too) and when I became pregnant with Finn they got even worse. Finally getting the last of my fillings and hoping I don't have anymore for a while. 

No comments:

Post a Comment